QA/QC - LUCAS
LUCAS is committed to maintaining quality in its services.
- LUCAS is a member of the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation Inc. (CALA). The ATRC division of LUCAS is accredited by the CALA to ISO17025 protocols for LC50 Acute Toxicity (Trout and Daphnia magna).
- LUEL and LUIL demonstrate proficiency through the CALA proficiency testing program for specific tests. To view the list of certified parameters please visit the CALA website.
- LUEL is accredited by CALA to ISO17025 for water and soil testings (see cala.ca for a complete scope)
- LUCAS currently has two quality control staff to train analysts, monitor quality data and to perform internal audits. The staff have completed the CALA internal auditing course.
- LUCAS uses NIST traceable reference material standards.
- Standard Operating Procedures are followed to ensure the reliability of the results and consist of guidelines, procedures and practices developed and implemented to produce quality data. Blanks, certified standards and duplicates are used to verify the effectiveness of quality control procedures and to evaluate the quality of the data.
- LUCAS maintains a QA/QC library for staff training.
- Results generated by LUCAS laboratories are frequently published in international journals by Lakehead University scientists.
- FoReST Laboratory is accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) which assures quality analysis using OMAFRA approved-methodology.
The Quality Assurance Manager is Johane Joncas . If you have any comments or questions regarding LUCAS QC please call Johane at (807) 343-8590.